3 Ways to Fix VCRUNTIME140d.ddl Missing on Windows
If you often open a game or program on your computer, then VCRUNTIME140d.ddl missing is a problem that might occur in the Windows operating system. This is due to the lack of files in the computer system.
This deficiency causes the game or program not to run. However, there are ways to solve the missing VCRUNTIME140d.ddl that you can do.
Not only caused by missing files, but the VCRUNTIME140d.ddl missing problem can also occur because Windows does not have a library function as a place to execute programs.
Of course, this program is related to the year of manufacture or the version that is embedded on a computer.
How to Fix VCRUNTIME140d.ddl Missing on a Windows PC / Laptop
1. Install Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015
The first way you can do is install Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015 on a computer that is experiencing a missing VCRUNTIME140d.ddl problem.
The reason for installing this program is because Redistributable 2015 has various components that are needed by C ++ applications to run normally.
One example of a computer game that requires this program is The Sims 4.
There are two choices of file types provided by Microsoft, namely x64 (64 bit) and x86 (32 bit). You only need to adjust it based on the type of system used on the computer.
Below are the steps you can apply in installing the Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015 program.
- First, you have to download the Visual C ++ Redistributable 2015 file via the official Microsoft website.
- Make sure the file that is downloaded is suitable or compatible with the computer you have
- If it is successful, then you can open the file and install programs like any other application.
- In the final step, you can restart the computer.
Download Link for Microsoft Visual C++
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x86 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 x64 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 x86 Redistributable
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2019 x64 Redistributable
x86 for 32bit, x64 for 64bit. If using a 64bit Windows, install both.
2. Download the VCRUNTIME140.DLL file
In the next way, you can solve it directly using the VCRUNTIME140.DLL file. This file is a program that is made specifically to deal with applications or games that are experiencing error problems.
Of course, the process of downloading and installing applications can be done easily.
Here are the steps for installing the VCRUNTIME140.DLL file on Windows.
- In the first step, you can download the VCRUNTIME140.DLL file via the link https://www.dllme.com/dll/files/vcruntime140_dll.html via a computer or browser.
- If the file is successfully downloaded, do the extract first using the zArchiver application or so and wait for it to finish.
- Open the extracted result from the previous download and look for the VCRUNTIME140.DLL file.
- Once found, you can copy the file to paste in the Windows directory folder.
- Copy in folder C: \ Windows \ System32 for Windows 32 bit and C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64 for Windows 64 bit.
3. Reinstall Game or Program
The last way you can do is reinstall the game or program that has an error in the form of missing VCRUNTIME140d.ddl.
This can happen because a program that was downloaded is damaged so that the file cannot be read completely.
Below is how to reinstall games or programs on the Windows operating system.
- The first way you can open Windows Run by pressing the combination key between Windows and R on the keyboard simultaneously.
- Next, enter the command appwiz.cpl in the column.
- Then, find the program or application that you want to reinstall.
- After that, restart the computer.
- In the final step, you can reinstall the application.
If the review above can’t help you with how to solve VCRUNTIME 140d.dll missing, then the best alternative that can be done is to update the drivers on the computer. Also, make sure you are up to date with Windows Updates;